Tuesday, July 4, 2023

Elle USA June - July 2023

Karol G Elle USA June - July 2023

Earlier this year, Karol G’s  Mañana Será Bonito became the first all-Spanish-language album from a female artist to ever debut at number one in the U.S. on the Billboard 200 chart. And she did it by being herself.

“If people are connecting with the album, they are connecting directly, literally, with me,” she says of the project, which was inspired by her experience with heartbreak and fame. “I could never have imagined that such a dark period in my life would transform me into the person I am today. The situation challenged me to learn, to appreciate what I had, to find happiness within myself, not in someone else.... I think that is really the soul of the album and what has made it so successful.”

Our June/July cover star discusses navigating the music industry, protecting her privacy, and breaking barriers.


No comments:

Post a Comment